Monday, December 17, 2007

Something a bit different

Ever want something a bit different? Just in the mood for a change of pace?
That is the way I felt, so I recommended Big Ben. Two of my mates enjoyed the fish and chips while another tucked into the Bangers and Mash. A classic English dish that really sticks to your ribs. The dish is composed of two bangers, which are mild English sausages and mashed potato with light brown gravy. Jim barely said a word through most of the meal a sure sign it was excellent. Now I was in the mood for a change of pace remember? So I had the Hearty English Breakfast - 2 Eggs, a Banger, English Bacon, Baked Beans, Ben's Spuds, Grilled Tomato, Grilled Mushrooms and Toast. Now this was refreshingly different! And it was pretty good now it could have been very good if they knew how to make soft scrambled eggs. You would be surprised how few people know how to make scrambled eggs really well, oh well. Perhaps the best item on the plate was the grilled mushrooms-packed with flavor and touch of butter. When this mood strikes again I will give this dish another go.
Cheers – Godfather of Lunch

No comments: